- How to successfully install Crystal Reports?
- What are the best practices for installing Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- To successfully install Crystal Reports:
- Download the correct version of Crystal Reports.
- Extract the installation package on the local computer.
- Disable the Antivirus software temporarily.
- Ensure port 4520 is open, if you have a Firewall.
- Ensure there is enough disk space to install Crystal Reports.
- Get the Installation keycode for Crystal Reports.
- Install Crystal Reports as an Administrator of the local computer.
- If you are going to open and save reports to an SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform, or Crystal Server:
Download the version of Crystal Reports that match the version of the server, including the Support Pack.
To know the version of Crystal Reports that correspond to the version of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform, see: 1968027
- If you have other SAP BusnessObjects product installed on the computer where you want to install Crystal Reports, like:
- SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools; or
- SAP Dashboard (Xcelsius); or
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform, or
- SAP Crystal Server
Download the version of Crystal Reports that match the version of the other SAP BusinessObjects products, including the Support Pack; or
Update all of the SAP BusinessObjects software to the same version, and same Support Pack.
- If none of the above apply, then download the latest Support Pack for the version of Crystal Reports you purchased.
- To download Crystal Reports, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1291961
If you already have an Installation Package, and do not know what version it correspond to, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2978825
- If you run the installation from the archived package, it will cause a "Blocked port" error.
- Copy the installation package to the local hard drive to avoid any networking issues.
- Antivirus software can interefere with a software installation and causes issues, this is why it is always best to disable it whenever possible.
- Crystal Reports installation requires open port 4520. If the port is blocked it will generate errors like:
"Fatal Error : At least one port in the range 4520 - 4539 must be open for the installation to proceed..." or "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!"
For more details, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1864841
- If you are not sure if you have enough disk space, run a "Custom" installation with the minimum components. The non-mandatory components can be added at any time.
- To obtain your license key / keycode, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2606876
- If you are not sure about the validity of the license key, get a temporary key from the SAP Support Portal: 1288121
- Tips: During the installation, copy and paste the license key, or type it in Uppercase, and remove dashes.
- Login to your computer as the Local Computer ADMINISTRATOR, if possible.
- On the latest versions of MS Windows, even if you are logged as the Local Administrator, you may not have all the rights to perform a successfull install.
To install Crystal Reports as an Administrator:
1. Right-click the Crystal Reports setup.exe file.
2. Select "Run as Administrator"
Otherwise it may register the product in a Virtual store. For more details, see the Microsoft Registry Virtualisation on Microsoft website.
- If you do not have Administrator account:
- Right-click the Crystal Reports setup.exe file.
- Select "Run as" then select the current user.
- Uncheck the option: "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity".
- Installation Issues:
- Error: "Incomplete Operation Detected Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete under another user. Program will exit"
Cause: This error occurs when there was a previous installations of SAP BusinessObjects software that failed.
Solution: Rename the folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData" to: "InstallDataOLD" and restart the installation.
- On MS Windows 8, Crystal Reports and other SAP BusinessObjects products are required to be installed on the "C" drive only.
- Crystal Reports 2016 Installation Guide
- Crystal Reports Installation Guided Answers
- 2795448 - Crystal Reports installation finished with dll registration errors
- 1636929 - Unable to install or launch Crystal Reports 2011 on a machine with CA Agent installed
- 1587982 - Crystal Reports 2011 The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140 Error
- 1857592 - BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 pre-SP07 update slow
- 1868305 - Error "Failed to update cache for execution. Program will exit" while installing SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- 1936638 - Crystal Reports 2013 failed to install on Windows 7
- 2451830 - Windows Updates needed for Successful Installation of / Update to SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.2 SP04 / 4.1 SP10
- 1689645 - Error - "The Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” appears on launching Crystal Reports 2011
- 1991590 - The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
- 1864841 - "Fatal Error : At least one port in the range 4520-4539 must be open for the installation to proceed" occurred while installing BI 4.0 client tools.
- 2507493 - Crystal Reports installation fails with Assertion failed error
- 2477140 - Assertion failed - Visual C++ Runtime Library error on installation of BI Add-ons
- 2485676 - Assertion failed error when attempting to uninstall previous Support Pack update or Patch post upgrade to BI 4.2 SP4 or BI 4.1 SP10
- 1691555 - Manually remove SAP BI 4.0/4.1/4.2 from Windows Server [How-To] [Video]
CR, install cr , KBA , biins , bpkba , sapbi , cr , crystal , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020