- Invalid keycode.
- When installing Crystal Reports 2011, it fails with the error:
"The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011 (patch level below SP02)
Reproducing the Issue
- Run Crystal Reports 2011 setup.exe
- Enter a valid keycode when prompted.
It then fails with an invalid keycode error.
- This issue has been tracked under ADAPT01538339
- This issue occurs due to a conflict between the keycode validation process and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Patch KB2467175
- The issue has been resolved in the following product update and above:
- Crystal Reports 2011 - Support Pack 02
- If you do not have access to the latest installation package of Crystal Reports 2011, then as a quick fix, you can:
- Uninstall the Microsoft patch
- Iinstall Crystal Reports 2011
- Reinstall the Microsoft patch, which is available at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2467175
Update: According to the latest information Microsoft replaced the patch with a newer security update.
- Search the machine for all local instances of "Cryptocme2.dll" (to see what other software may be using it)
- Rename the *.dll extension of the identified cryptocme2.dll files, using *.OLD (for example)
- Reboot teh computer.
- Log on to the computer using the local Administrator account.
- Run the installation of Crystal Reports again and it should pass the keycode check.
- Once the product is installed, then rename cryptocme2.old files back to cryptocme2.dll
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03