An overview of the most common causes why a user might not be able to create a job requisition.
- Recruiting Management
1. Lacking permissions to create forms
If the user doesn't see the job requisition template, please make sure that the relevant permissions to create forms are granted. Please refer to this Knowledge Base Artcile explaining how to grant permissions to create job requisitions: 2081279
2. Error: "You do not have permission to the necessary job requisition creation methods." appears when trying to create a job requisition
A user clicks "Create" button to create a new job requisition, selects a relevant template and the error message appears: "You do not have permission to the necessary job requisition creation methods.Please contact your administrator to grant you the appropriate permissions.":
The permissions for job requisitions creation methods are not granted in Recruiting Permissions. In Recruiting Permissions an admin user should uncheck / revoke permissions to the following options:
a) Hide "Copy Existing Job Requisition" option on the create requisition page
b) Hide "Browse Families & Roles" option on the create requisition page
c) Hide "Create New Job Requisition from Blank Template" option on the create requisition page
Please refer to the following Knowledge Base Article for further details: 2285546
3. A user cannot create a job requisition using "Duplicate Job Requisition" button
1) Permissions to create job requisition as mass copy have to be granted from the back-end of your system. Please align with your Implementation Partner or SAP Product Support to grant relevant permissions from Provisioning:
Provisioning -> Company Settings -> Enable Mass Copy Job Requisitions.
You can refer to the following Knowledge Base Article: 2081344
2) A user has to be also granted permissions to create job requisitions as a copy. This Knowledge Base Article explains in detail how to grant the permissions: 2250777
4. A user is receiving the error "Unable to process your request. Please contact your configuration team for assistance"
This issue is caued by a missing permission in Role-Based-Permissions: Creating any forms in the BizX application requires the permission in Role-Based-Permissions to "User Login" (even if no-one will login with this username to the instance).
Please find the relevant Permission Role in Admin Center > Manage Permission Role and grant the following permission to the role:
General User Permission > User Login
For more information please refer to: 2238753
5. An error "The requisition cannot be created. Details: SFAPI login failed!..." appears, when creating a job requisition from Position Org. Chart
Creating job requisitions from Position Org. Chart involves the sfapi user. If the SFAPI password expired, or the IP range for the sfapi user has changed, please contact the Integration Team within the SAP Product Support and verify the credentials and settings for the sfapi user. You can also review the Knowledge Base Article addressing this error: 2256324
6. It is not possible to create job requisitions using Position Org. Chart
If creating job requisitions from Position Org. Chart has never worked in the past, please verify with your Implementation Partner or SAP Product Support, if the business rules for this integrations are configured correctly. If the issue hasn't occurred before, please document the issue and contact the SAP Product Support for further investigation.
7. Creating job requisitions form Succession Org. Chart doesn't work
This issue is most likely caused by missing job code mapping with the equivalent job role. Please ask an admin user to verify the job code association in the Employee Data File. Please review this Knowledge Base Article for further reference: 2206007
8. Job requisition Import Job is failing
Please review the scheduled job details which can give you a reason for the scheduled job failure. Please note that the columns for mandatory fields in the Job Requisition template must be filled for each job requisition, otherwise the Job Requisition Import Job will fail.
9. Cannot create a job requisition using SFAPI or OData API
Please verify, if the SFAPI user has all required permissions to create a job requisition (e.g. if the sfapi user has permissions to insert / upsert information for the JobRequisition entity). Please also verify, if the IP of the api request is specified in the IP range in Password & Login Policy Settings.
10. Misconfiguration in the job requisition template
Any misconfiguration in the job requisition template might potentially cause issues with creating job requisitions. Please ask your Implementation Partner to review the configruation based on the Implementation Guide: 2245791
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , How To