This feature allows granted roles the ability of editing candidate’s snapshot on Application.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
What is a Candidate Snapshot?
A candidate snapshot is a copy of the candidate profile plus the information provided by the candidate on the Application page. However, the snapshot is not created at the moment the candidate applies to the vacancy, the snapshot is taken when an application is viewed by a recruiting user (recruiter, hiring manager, etc.) for the first time.
This information is stored with the application in the More Information and Background Elements sections, and is shown whenever the application is viewed. This ensures the candidate profile information is locked and will not change in the recruiting user’s view, even if the candidate edits their candidate profile during the time that the job application is being processed, it means if the candidate makes any alteration to their candidate profile it will not be reflected to the candidate snapshot.
- This is an important aspect of OFCCP compliance because it ensures that all recruiting users are making hiring decisions based on a consistent understanding of the candidate's data throughout the application process. This also ensures that candidates cannot complicate any legal proceedings by changing their data to make the client seem to be practicing unfair hiring.
- If the client is seeking to adhere strongly to OFCCP best practices, It is not recommended to configure the EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT capability in the Application XML, since that allows the candidate profile snapshot data to be edited and changed.
- EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT: This button permission is used to grant a user permission to edit the contents of the candidate profile snapshot associated to the application (must be used in conjunction with candidate profile permissions and application permissions to actually allow the fields to be editable; the user must have all the right permissions in all the right places at once.) If this button is properly permissioned for the logged in user, the candidate’s information as email, phone, resume, and others can be edited.
This feature can be configured in two ways, the first by changing the XML templates, this action will require partners assistance, the second by adding this permission using Manage Templates Feature. Here we will explain how to accomplish this task.
- Open the desired job application template you want to active this feature. (Navigate to Admin center > Manage Templates > Recruiting Templates > Job Application > Desired template)
- Open the section "Button Permissions defined"
- On this screen, if you already have other buttons configure you can just add the EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT permissions to the existing section, otherwise, a new section will have to be created.
- Make the necessary configuration, as shonw on below images, and click done.
- Publish the template.
On this example, we created a new section in order to grant permissions to this feature to different roles in the job requisition:
After creating the new permission section we select grant the permission to all roles to the feature:
You can choose to grant permission to any role presented in the drop down as shown here:
As mentioned before, this new section was created in order to grant the feature permission to specific roles. However, as shown here, you are able to select other available features to enable in the same permission section:
After following these stepes you will be able to edit the candidate snapshot information as Resume, email, phone, etc.
2618812 - Resume not updated in application - Recruiting Management
2432535 - Updates in the Candidate Profile are not synched in the Application - Recruiting Management
2269350 - Edit Candidate Name in Application Page
Edit Candidate Profile Application, Candidate snapshot, EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT, Recruiting Management, RCM , KBA , sf recruiting , sf recruiting execution , sf candidate profile , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To