- How can I export / move / copy / transport content (i.e. models, stories, allocations, users, connections, etc.) and acquired/import model data (transaction) between two systems in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)?
- Can a two system landscape (test / production) in SAP Analytics Cloud be used?
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- If you want to have a two system landscape, then two separate systems are required: A production system and a test system.
- This requires purchasing multiple systems from your SAP Account Manager / SAP Account Executive (AE).
- There is no automated way to perform transports between systems.
Using the Content Network Method
- Use the content network method if you have multiple tenants on the same landscape, e.g. EU10
- To access the Content Network navigate to Menu > Browse > Content Network
- This method does not require downloading and uploading .TGZ files locally.
- See Sharing Content with Other Systems for more information.
Using the Deployment Method (zipped / .TGZ files)
- Use the Deployment option to transport content between systems found in the Main Menu > Deployment > Export / Import.
- The following video explains how to transport a model and its underlying objects (i.e. stories, allocations, users, connections, etc.) from one system (export) to another (import):
- Export and Import Objects for Deployment.
- Note: Only public files (not private files) can be transported.
- This functionality serves multiple purposes around content and change management.
- See Lifecycle Management in SAP Analytics Cloud for best practices.
Caution: "It is not recommended to use exports to archive content. Content can only be imported in the same version of the application from which it was exported, or the subsequent version. After your system is upgraded again, you cannot import the content."
- The patch level number (third / 3rd value) does not matter.
- Only the release (version / wave) number is relevant (second / 2nd value).
- For example, (Year.Release.Patch-level, 2020.1.0, 2020.2.4).
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management (video)
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management (blog)
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management (wiki)
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Enterprise Readiness
- 2539529 - How can I get deleted objects restored in SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Cloud Trust Center - Learn more about our cloud security, trust, compliance and services.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
import, qa, DEV, PROD, transport, transfer, export, story, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Move to production, We would like to inform which possibilities are available to move a model and its stories to the production environment? lifecylce management, porting model SAC, Moving content from one BusinessObjects tenant to another, Moving content from one SAP Analytics Cloud tenant to another, lcm, sac data redundancy backup restore, (Development (Dev), Test (TST), Quality Assurance (QA), Production (PROD) etc.), analytical cloud, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , story, models , dr disaster recovery , sac deplyment option import export , model transport restore sac , moving story and datamodels. sac kba , how to transport a story or dashboar , dashboard between systems, i.e. elevate , i.e. elevate from dev to qa or prod? , life-cycle , how to import export sac objects in the , sac objects in the same tenant (dev-2-qa , how to import export , same tenant (dev-2-qa) , exporting s/4hana sac , options are available to analyze and rec , what audit and restore options are avail , analyze and recover data changes , LOD-ANA-ACN , SAC Content Network , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , How To