You notice that when downloading a ticket attachment file, the file extension changes.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Service work center.
- Navigate to Tickets work center view.
- Open any ticket.
- Navigate to Attachments tab.
- See the attachment maintained as .JPEG file extension, for example.
- Download the attachment.
- See the file extension is changed to .PJPEG file, for example.
This happens when although the file name is maintained with extension .JPEG for example, the real MIME Type of the file in the backend is different, which may have a different default extension selected in the Business Configuration work center, therefore the file will be downloaded following the default file extension set to the real MIME type of the file.
You can follow the steps below to change the default extension the file with the MIME Type .PJPEG will be downloaded:
- Navigate to Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Overview work center view.
- Search for activity Allowed Mime Types and open it.
- Search for the MIME type image/pjpeg and select it.
- Change the default extension to .JPEG
- Save the changes.
Please notice that the MIME Type of the file comes directly from the e-mail source / e-mail content before reaching the Cloud for Customer system.
Attachment; Ticket; Interaction Attachments; JPEG; PJPEG; Service; C4C; MIME; Mime Type; Service Request; Convert; Download; , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP-INT , Ticket Interactions , How To