The following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) when importing data to models from SAP ERP connection:
- An error occurred in Connection Server service:
Value out of range. Value:"XXXX" (Where XXXX is a number larger than 32767)
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.4.5
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC tenant and create a model based on imported SAP ERP connection.
- Select the connection name and choose to create a new query or using existing query.
- Select the query name and choose objects to import.
- There's no error happens in preview page.
- Once you click OK and the data will start to import.
- Notice the data import failed with above error.
- This issue is with the Jco driver which transform the ERP datatypes into java types to create a temporary buffer to hold the resultset that is received from the ERP, in order to be able to process it and transfer it to the acquisition layer.
- The adapter deduces from the metadata of the query that the values for the field fit into a Short java type (holding values from -32768 to 32767) by mistake.
- If the field of ERP datatype has a number of decimal places that is not 0, the field will be retrieved as a String.
- If the field of ERP datatype has no decimal places, it will be retrieved as an Integer, and the adapter will try to store the values into a Java type that is just "big enough" to save memory.
Change ERP datatype to switch to the field with at least 1 decimal place should resolve the issue.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem