You want your PDI extension field to be available in standard queries on the OWL screen of a Standard Business Object.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created an Extension Business Object in the Cloud Application Studio.
- You have created an Extension Field on this Business Object.
The extension field must be extended to the correct anchors so that it is available in the Request and Result of the SADL Query. Using the Customer Business Object as the example, you first need to open the Extensibility Explorer.
- Right-Click on CustomerExtension.xbo (where CustomerExtension is the name in the Studio) and click Enhance Screen.
- Select COD_Account_SOWL.
- Select tab Extensibility Explorer.
In this example, the correct anchors have the Description "Account - General Information" (this Description will be similar for most standard business objects). To check the Description, click the "..." beside the anchor ID (see A). To add it to the SADL Request it must be extended to the Advanced Filter:
- Click the Advanced Filter button (see B).
- Select the anchor as shown (see A again). If "My Accounts" is selected, the entity will be highlighted in the Designer view.
- Click Add Extension Field to Section Group (see C).
- Select your extension field. If it is not available, it is likely extended on an unsupported node.
In this example, the same anchor above is used for "My Teams Accounts". There is a second anchor however to make the field available in the "All" Query. The correct anchor for "All" is shown below:
To add it to the SADL Result, it needs to be extended also to the Advanced List Pane. The correct anchor is shown below:
PDI, SDK, UI Designer, Request, Result, Advanced Filter, Advanced, List Pane, , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-UI , ByDesign Studio UI Generation , Problem