You set a field to mandatory in any business object, but you can still process the document and save changes without filling any values to the mandatory field.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Sample reproduction on Customer Contract BO:
- Navigate to the sales order work center.
- Open the Customer Contract view.
- Enable Adaptation mode.
- Open any contract and navigate to General tab, Renewal and Cancellation subtab.
- Set Minimum Contract Validity to mandatory via adaptation.
- Save changes and publish your settings.
- Now open any contract where Minimum Contract Validity is not set.
- Change the description of the contract and save.
The save is going through, despite having Minimum Contract Validity set to mandatory and not filled.
- Mandatory settings via Adaptation are not checked for the whole business document, where they are set, but only apply to already loaded fields from UI side.
- Fields that have not been loaded will not trigger a validation to check the mandatory setting.
- In the contract example, the mandatory check will only be triggered if the user opened the Renewal and Cancellation subtab before saving the contract.
This is a confirmed limitation.
You can use a PDI solution to check for entry values that are not loaded from UI for any business object.
Mandatory Field; save; Adaptation , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT-B , ByD HTML5 Client (not for Cloud for Customer) , Problem