When attempting to request a Change Audit Report with Person field defined as a filter, request fails and one of the application error messages below is displayed:
- could not insert: [com.successfactors.jobscheduler.bean.JobScheduleRequestEO]
- SQLException caught: SAP DBTech JDBC: : inserted value too large for column: Failed in "JOB_NAME" column
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Change Audit Report Tool
- Select Create Personal Data Report and then any of the options available
- Mark either Change on Subject User or Change By User
- Provide the respective Person information and the additional filters (Modules, Functional Areas, Time Range, etc)
- Click Submit and see the error message
A code fix for this, aiming to remove this limitation, will be rolled out on system release b2011, planned for October/November 2020.
In the meantime, as a workaround, please temporarily adjust the person name on the User Data File (to make its length not exceed 67 characters) and then re-attempt submitting the report. You can add the previous name back to the User Data File after that.
change audit report, audit framework, error, application error, fails, failure, problem, change on, changed by, exception, value too large, SQLException, PRB0041898, PLC-24129 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-AUDR , Request Audit Report , Problem