An error message or unexpected behavior occurs whilst using the Live Universe Connector in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), it is required to enable tracing to gather more details on the issue.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- Linux / Unix
Reproducing the Issue
[Enter your Reproducing the Issue here...]
To enable tracing for the Live Universe Connector, follow the below steps:
- Go to the conf directory of the Tomcat which has the Live Universe Connector deployed, eg:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf
- Create a new file bo_trace.ini
- Add the below lines to the bo_trace.ini (replace <PATHTOLOGSFOLDER> with a path to the desired folder to store the logs:
size = 494967290;
keep_num = -1;
sap_trace_level = trace_debug;
sap_log_level = log_info;
log_dir = "<PATHTOLOGSFOLDER>";
Note: keep_num = -1; means that logs will never be deleted, leading to the possibility that the logs could use all available disk space. Do not leave it at -1 for an extended period of time.
- Next, go to the JAVA options for Tomcat and add the java parameter for the bo_trace.ini:
If a standalone Tomcat is being used (KBA 2897198) then go to tomcatdir\bin\TomcatXw.exe -> Java tab
If the SAP BI tomcat is being used, run the program 'Tomcat Configuration' -> Java tab
- under the 'Java Options' section, add:
Eg: -Dtracelog.configfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf\bo_trace.ini"
- Restart Tomcat
- Navigate to tomcatdir/bin
- Open setenv.sh
- Add the line (or append to if it already exists):
eg: JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dtracelog.configfile=/usr/BOP/tomcat/conf/bo_trace.ini"
- Restart Tomcat
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-LDC-UNV , SAC Live Data Connection Universe , How To