Customer wants to use Competency Type in Manage Job Profile Content > Competency.
NOTE: "Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors - Employee Profile
A competency is the ability for an individual to perform a job that includes set of defined behaviors. They also provide structure guidelines that enable identification, evaluation, and development of behaviors for individual employees.
Competencies are developed through time as a result of on the job learning and tend to stay the same through time with little change.
You can create competencies that defines individual ability to perform a job that include set of defined behaviors and competency types that serve as categories for those competencies.
To manage your Competency Data, please see KBA 2558614 - Job Profile Content Management: Competency Data.
You can create Competency Types to serve as categories for your competencies that is not dependent on library or categories and can be maintained by separate individual administrators. You can organize competency types based on business units such as:
- Information Technology
Creating Competency Types Using Manage Data Tool
- In Admin Center, go to Manage Data.
- In the Create New dropdown, select Competency Type.
- Provide the Name. GUID will be system-generated.
Competency Types in Manage Job Profile Content
- In Manage Job Profile Content, select Competency then select your desired Competency.
- In the Competency Types textbox, type in the name of your Competency Type.
Competency Types Column
- You can now view list of Competency Types associated with specific competencies when you view from the Competency Listing page when you use the Manage Job Profile Content.
- The Competency Types column contain name of one competency type. When there are multiple competency types, a hyperlinked + symbol appears with the number of competency types that have been added for that competency.
Job Profile Builder Reporting
Currently, there's no report available for Job Profile Builder. Please see the following KBAs for more information.
- 2412961 - How to reports on Job Profile Builder and Skill Management MDF objects
- 2485716 - Not able to report on Job Profile Builder MDF in Advanced Reporting - Analytics
- 2479082 - Audit Trail for Job Profile Builder
You may submit an enhancement request per KBA 2090228 - How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products.
Competency, Competency Type , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , How To