When you check availability for a product which does not have stock, the system confirms the availability with Green status for ATP.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Choose New Sales Orders option under the Common Tasks view.
- Enter the relevant information in General tab and key in the product information under Items tab.
- When you enter the quantity requested by the customer, the system will give you a green status for ATP even when there is no stock for the product.
You have not maintained Availability Check Scope in product master data. If Availability Check Scope is not maintained the system will confirm any quantity you enter in the sales order with green ATP, irrespective of the availability of stock.
Follow the below given steps to maintain Availability Check Scope in your product master data.
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Navigate to Materials view.
- Search for the relevant product and choose the Edit button.
- Select View All button to view all the tabs in product master.
- Navigate to the Availability Confirmation tab and select the relevant site from which the product will be shipped.
- Under the section Product Availability Check select the dropdown against the field Availability Check Scope.
- Select a value as per your business requirements. For example, If you want the system to consider only on-hand stock when availability check is triggered chose the option Stock.
- Save the document.
Note: If Product Availability Check section is not visible in the screen, you can personalize the screen and make the section visible for the business user.
ATP Green, availability confirmation without stock, availability confirmed without stock, availability confirmation error, ATP Error, Business ByDesign ATP error, ByD ATP Error, ATP Green no stock , KBA , atp green with no stock , availability confirmation without stock , availability confirmation error , business bydesign atp error , byd atp error , atp green , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , Problem