When adding custom views, you're receiving below warning information in SAP Marketing Cloud - 2002 release.
SMC is abbreviation for SAP Marketing Cloud.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Marketing Cloud - Release 2002
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to app Add Custom View
- You will receive a warning popup as below:
"In the upcoming releases, the SAP HANA database version 1.0 will be upgraded to SAP HANA 2.0. Due to this change, the SAP HANA studio is no longer supported to model Custom Views. Post upgrade only Analytical Models from the SAP HANA Development Infrastructure (HDI) are supported for import. For modelling you can, for example, use SAP HANA express edition that offers an SAP Web IDE."
Please be informed that with this notification we want to make you aware of the changes coming in the upcoming release of SAP Marketing Cloud (2005 or beyond).
- We will communicate our customers on what changes for them with the required documentation when the changes apply to their systems.
- In the current release, the app will behave just as it used to, in the previous releases.
- Also, the custom views application will continue to exist even after the changes mentioned in the notification are applied.
What changes for the customer is the way the custom views will be modeled.
- Currently you may be using the SAP HANA Studio for modeling the views.
- However, when the new changes are applied, you will have to use SAP HANA express edition that offers an SAP Web IDE to model HDI compliant custom views.
- The views that are already available in the system until the upgrade, will be migrated by SAP to HDI compliant views, during the upgrade.
- And the systems are expected to work as is, with no impact to the customers.
- There will be no action required from the customers for the already uploaded custom views.
You can check for changes in details under SAP Marketing Cloud - What‘s New in the 2005 Release when released in May 2020.
KBA , CEC-MKT-EXT , Marketing extensibility , CEC-MKT-CPG , Campaign , CEC-MKT-SEG , Segmentation , Problem