One of the deployment options for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio is to use the ClickOnce deployment method.
In our older versions we hosted the file on the old FTP server called Akamai.
This Server is being phased out and we now publish our runtime and install packages which is available through various links:
- From this page you can get the MSI file, zipped.
- CR for Visual Studio SP26 CR Runtime 64-bit MSI
- CR for Visual Studio SP26 CR Runtime 32-bit MSI
Or from our public download page which is not zipped here:
- Note: The WIKI page has the download link as well:
- From the CR for VS Download page the link now has a unique ID number appended to the file name and compressed using WinZip.
Crystal Reports Developer, for Visual Studio SP 27 and above.
Reproducing the Issue
Existing Links for ClickOnce installer is no longer available. As of SP 27 - SP 26 is still available
For OEM Partners and other Third parties using our runtime, is to host the MSI packages themselves and update the product.xml with their own links.
- To do so download from the SAP links above and extract the MSI packages and then make them available for your installer by updating the links.
- In the product.xml file still refers to the old site:
- Here is (a truncated) version of the key area in that file:
- <PackageFile Name="CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_26.msi" HomeSite="http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crnetruntime/clickonce/CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_26.msi" PublicKey="308...snip...001"/>
- <PackageFile Name="CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_26.msi" HomeSite="http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crnetruntime/clickonce/CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_26.msi" PublicKey="308...snip...001"/> </PackageFiles>
- Change the link to your FTP server.
Or instruct your users to click a link you provide to download the MSI file with instructions to right click on it ans elect install.
[Enter your See Also here...]
clickonce, crforvs, MSI packages, deployment options. SP 27, akamai , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To