An incorrect Region (state) is displayed in the journal entries created from an intercompany journal entry voucher (ICJEV) in Canada.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries > Intercompany Journal Entry Vouchers view.
- Open IC Journal Entry Voucher ID AAA (AAA means the Intercompany Journal Entry Voucher ID).
- Click View All.
- Under Line Items section, notice that State displayed is ABC (ABC means the State name).
- Open the Journal Entry from the ICJEV.
- Select a line item with a credit posting to the Taxes G/L Account.
- Notice that Region displayed is not ABC, but DEF (DEF means the Region name).
The ICJEV AAA was created with State DEF, as a mistake. Later, the State was changed to ABC (correct one) and the ICJEV released. Under these circumstances, the system is not able to update the Region (state) in the Journal Entry and it stays as DEF.
This is currently a system limitation.
As a workaround, when an ICJEV has been posted with such error, it can be reversed and a new entry can be created with correct State.
A similar limitation is observed in the Manual Tax Entry scenario for Canada.
intercompany journal entry voucher; ICJEV; state; region; canada; CA , KBA , icjev , intercompany journal entry voucher , state , canada , region , ca , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Product Enhancement