How to Change Duplicate Tax Number Category from an Info Message to an Error Message in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- The Duplication Check for a Tax Number Category has been customised to be activated as er the steps in KBA 2886187
- The system raise an info message when a Duplicate Tax Number is entered into a Business Partner
- The system still allows the duplicate to be saved
There are some scenarios whereby more than one Business Partner should have the same tax number as another, as such SAP allows for this. If further restriction is required in that a duplicate should not be allowed to be saved then SAP also provides a solution for this.
- Open the Manage Your Solution App
- Select "Configure Your Solution"
- Search for the SSCUI 103007 - Change Message Control
- Press Configure
- Enter the "Application Area": BUPA_TAX
- Change the message 400 from an Info Message to an Error message and save
KBA 2886187 - How to Activate Tax Number Category Duplication Check for Business Partners in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
S4_PC, LO-MD-BP, S4HC, S/4HANA Cloud, BUPA_TAX400, BUPA_TAX 400, Info Message, Duplication Check, Tax Number Category, 2886187, BUPA_TAX , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , Problem