You would like to activate the Duplication Check for a Tax Number Category in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter a tax number for a Business Partner e.g. IE0 Irish VAT number
- The Same VAT number is entered for another Business Partner
- No warning or error is raised
- Open the Manage Your Solution App
- Select "Configure Your Solution"
- Search for the SSCUI 102415 - Maintain Tax Number Categories
- Choose the Tax Number for which the Duplication Check is to be activated and change the "Duplication Check" from "No" to "Yes"
- The system will now issue an info message warning that another Business Partner exists with the same tax number (**this can be changed to an error message if extra restriction is needed, if so see the KBA in the reference section)
2886241 - How to Change Duplicate Tax Number Category from an Info Message to an Error Message in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
S4_PC, S4HC, S/4HANA Cloud, Duplicate, Duplication, Tax, Customising, Customizing, Duplication Check, 102415, Maintain Tax Number Categories, 2886241 , KBA , CA-GTF-CSC , Country specific application interface objects , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , Problem