The automatic processes were turned off for a long time and enabling them would send out a lot of irrelevant old email notifications about Learning Plan changes etc..
How to avoid this?
SAP Successfactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
1. Have the notification automatic processes disabled for a long time
2. Use LMS on daily basis to generate data
3. Schedule the automatic processes again
4. System sends out notifications with irrelevant info (old Learning Plan changes that happened months ago)
When the automatic process runs, it checks and processes all the data and changes made since the previous run and sends out all the new data and any change which was not picked by the automatic process before.
First all email notifications have to be disabled globally, and the automatic processes have to be executed once.
Please follow step by step instructions with more details:
1. Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > Global variables > Mail
2. Set 'enable email' configuration to Disabled.
3. Navigate to System Admin > Automatic Processes > Select the Automatic Process you want to enable.
4. Schedule it to run once manually in a few minutes from now. You can do this by selecting 'Daily' run with 'Time of Day' given.
5. After the Automatic Process executed once, it processes all the old irrelevant data.
6. Enable mail settings again in Global variables.
7. Schedule the Automatic Process. Now it will only send out the new data / new notifications.
LMS, learning, notification, apm, automatic, process, old, enable, schedule, avoid , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , How To