You are trying to delete SAP standard delivered account determination groups related to expense reports (e.g. A-7100), however error messages are raised.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list and open activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click Edit Account Determination Groups.
- Under Costs -> Groups for General Expenses, highlight A-7100 - Travel expenses (general).
- Click Delete.
The following messages are raised:
- 'Value A-7100 in setting Account Determination Group for Receipt Type must also be entered in setting G/L Accnt Det. Group For Expense Report'
- 'Change the setting in the 'Edit Account Determination Groups' screen of the 'Account Determination for Tax Events' activity'
- 'Change the setting in the 'Edit expense types' screen of the 'Create New Country Version' activity'
- 'Save failed'
You have set up a generic country version for expense and reimbursement management (ERM). Once this feature is used, it is not possible to delete the predefined account determination groups. Whenever a new generic country version is created this country version is generated out of a template which uses these predefined account determination groups. For that reason they need to remain in the system. Otherwise it would no longer be possible to create another generic country version. Hence, the errors are raised.
Since the generic country feature is being used for expense and reimbursement management, the default account determination groups cannot be removed.
Account Determination Group for Receipt Type, ADG. Generic Country Version. Expense Report. , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To