When using the Translations tool in CSB to populate long custom text (over 33 characters) as ghost text (text showing inside the field which disappears when the user starts populating it), the text gets cut off on smaller screen sizes.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
- Career Site Builder
Reproducing the Issue
- Open CSB configuration
- Open Translations Tool
- Populate Long Custom text for example in the search box key : WidgetKeywordSearchLabel with for example: search by keyword with long custom text added to it
- Under Global Settings Search, Set Show Search Labels to off > this means ghost text will be used
- On Mobile, the ghost text is cut off
Ghost text does not wrap. This is the expected behaviour and will not be changed. Making the ghost text wrap would not be considered a roadmap friendly item due to best web practices. Ghost text is meant to be short.
If the field in question requires a long text, then the label should be used instead of ghost text as the field label will wrap on smaller screen sizes.
- Under Global Settings Search, Set Show Search Labels to on> this means the label will be used instead of ghost text
- The label will wrap if too long to fit the page
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CSB , Career Site Builder , Problem