Picklist label showing empty for languages where there is no translation, though the picklist have a Default Value on the translations.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SuccessFactors instance;
- Go to Settings;
- Go to Change Language;
- Change to a language to the language that the picklist labels do not have a translation;
- Navigate to the People Profile;
- Access some information that uses a picklist, which the picklist is setup just with Default Value for translations.
There is a know issue that is planned to be fixed by 2005 release, that the labels are not showing the default language when the translation is not setup for the user's language.
Permanent fix will be a code fix planned for the next release 2005, for the meanwhile there is a simple workaround.
The current fix/workaround is to set up the label for all locales enabled on your instance, if some of them are suppose to use the default value, then you need to replicate the default value on those translations.
To apply the fix, follow the steps below:
- Access the Picklist Center;
- Open the picklist affected;
- Click on the globe icon to open the translation popup;
- Then copy the Default Value to all other languages that do not have a translation.
picklist value empty no entry blank pick-list , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , LOD-SF-MDF-PKL , Picklists , Problem