The report job will have status Failed stating the following error: “Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream”.
The error can occur with:
- Custom reports (Scheduled and configured to send to an SFTP server)
- Standards reports (Scheduled and configured to send to an SFTP server)
- Report job might Succeed but no file is generated to the SFTP
If the scheduled report job is not set to send a notification, the error might not be known.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
multi-threading issue while generating and flushing the report into DB
The issue is resolved in the b1908 version of the application however the solution cannot be patched. Validated customer on b1808 environment may still be experiencing the issue.
Please add the following configuration in the impacted instance
- Proceed to Learning Administration > System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > Edit REPORT_SYSTEM property file
- Add hanaBLOBStreamOutputLogging=true
- Add hanaBLOBStreamOutputLoggingReportName=<enter your report name> (as per the prt file)
- if more than one report is affected, you can list them on a single row hanaBLOBStreamOutputLoggingReportName= reportA;reportB;reportC however we encourage you to test with one report first to confirm this solution is resolving the issue.
- Once the environment is updated past b1808, the configuration can be removed.
If some of your custom reports are still returning an error post 1908 like this one: error SAP DBTech JDBC: : error while parsing protocol: invalid lob locator id (piecewise lob reading)
Please see 2887426 - Scheduled reports sent to SFTP failed
SAP, SF, LMS, custom reports, report, background job, SFTP, export, scheduled report, recurring report, failed, Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream, LCR-3068 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CRI , Custom Report Issues , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS-BCJ , Assign (bulk), Add/ Delete Sub/ Cur, Revise, Import , Problem