Currency Convertion Rate field is being displayed as text (String) while creating calculated column in ORD/Canvas Detailed Reporting
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Report Center/Analytics
- Create an ORD/Canvas report
- Select the query type as Detailed Reporting
- Create a report of a compensation domain (e.g. Variable Pay)
- Select the field Currency Convertion Rate
- Check the Preview and see that the result will display numbers
- Create a calculated column and check that this field will be available under the Text type
- Even if you apply the Raw function to the field (refer KBA 2339148)
- The result will always display 0
The type of "Currency Conversion rate" is text by design in the sub domain schema and cannot be changed.
Also, the workaround of Raw function works only if the text field (picklist) is associated to a number in the ID value (Column Formatting > Modified Data Type), which is not the case of the Currency Conversion rate (e.g. AAA|000).
Currency Convertion Rate field is display string text in calculated column ORD detailed reporting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , How To