When you Merge the Change Project from Test tenant to Production tenant, you receive the error:
Internal error during merge. Please create an incident.
SAP Business ByDesign, SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Highlight the Change Project
- Select Open Activity List
- Go to the Go-Live tab
- Select Merge Changes
- Start Merge
- The merge fails and you will see the mentioned error
The Change Project failed to merge as the corresponding SPC process that moves/ copies the Change Project from Production tenant to Test tenant and activates the Business Configuration Merge feature was still In Process. The SPC process could fail due to:
- Business user who was already working in the Change Project in the Test tenant while the SPC process was still trying to do the required changes, including changes on the change project in order to set up the scenario correctly.
- Technical inconsistencies.
Report an incident for SAP to complete the SPC process in system.
To avoid this issue, you should wait until you receive a confirmation email that the SPC process has been completed. That is, do not start working with the Change Project until the notification email with the confirmation that the Solution Profile copy was executed successfully reaches you. You will not be able to Merge the Change Project until the SPC process is completed in system.
Merge, Change project, Start Merge, Merge Changes, Internal error during merge , KBA , solution profile , start merge , merge , internal error during merge , change project , merge changes , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , Problem