This article provides information on the status dropdown found on the upper right-hand portion of the Candidate Summary Page.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
1. The status dropdown on the upper right-hand portion of the application is the requisition status.
2. This corresponds to the requisition status that is defined and set in the requisition tab.
3. It is a standard picklist field usually defined as follows:
<field-definition id="status" type="picklist" required="false" custom="false">
4. Here are the values as seen in the Requisition and the Candidate Summary Page.
a. Image above. The status values as seen in the Requisition.
b. Image above. The status values as seen in the Candidate Summary Page.
5. These values come from the picklist defined in the field definition. In this case, the picklist name is reqStatus.
6. The status values seen in both the Requisition and the Candidate Summary Page are always in sync. When a recruiting user changes the status to, say Interview, in the Requisition tab, if you navigate to the Candidates tab, you will see that the status in the Candidate Summary Page will be set to Interview as well, and vice versa.
7. Please note that this status is different from the Candidate status you see in the Application itself.
7. The permission to write or edit this requisition status field is controlled in the job requisition template. If the recruiting user has read or write permissions to the status field, they will see the status field in the requisition and in the Candidate Summary Page.
<description><![CDATA[Recruiting users with write permission to the status.]]></description>
8. If the recruiting user has neither read or write permissions to the status field in the job requisition template, they will not see the status field in the Job Requisition Details tab at all, while they will see the status field in the Candidate Summary Page as non-writable.
9. The requisition status, as the name implies, shows what the current status is of the requisition, or where in the pipeline the requisition is. It could be open, interview, hireable, hired, filled, cancelled, etc. This will depend on what picklist values you will define in the picklist.
Note: This is different from the system requisition status, namely, pre-approved, approved, and closed.
Also, you do not need the requisition statuses to have one-is-to-one corresponding values with the statuses in the pipeline. For example, you can have 3 interview statuses in the pipeline and your candidates are distributed among them, but the status field set in the requisition and the candidate summary is still Interview. This just means that majority of your candidates are already in the interview stage of the hiring process.
Requisition, Status, reqStatus, Candidate Summary Page, Recruiting Management, RCM, dropdown , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To