Webgui Fiori application screen shows loading, and no response even after waiting for long time
When using the search function, click on the dropdown list or during transactions entries, the system shows endless loading status.
S/4HANA and Marketing Cloud Systems (All Version)
The cause of the issue is that Antivirus software ESET is blocking system URL like myXXXXXX.s4hana.ondemand.com and causing this endless loading or getting stuck at a fiori screen. Please follow below mentioned procedure in your antivirus software to resolve such issues.
There are two steps you need to perform in your anti-virus software for this issue to be resolved:
1. Perform whitelisting of URL in your ESET anti-virus software so that such URL is not blocked. For whitelisting please use functionality in ESET of 'URL addresses list'. In this section you can specify lists of HTTP addresses that will be blocked, allowed or included from checking. List of allowed addresses – If allow access only to HTTP addresses in the list of allowed addresses is enabled and the list of blocked addresses contains * (match everything), the user will be allowed to access addresses specified in this list only. The addresses in this list are allowed even if they are included in the list of blocked addresses. So, add your S/4HANA system URL myXXXXXX.s4hana.ondemand.com/ui in this list of allowed addresses.
2. Whitelist the certificate in ESET Endpoint Antivirus software. This could be achieved by using List of known certificates option in ESET antivirus software.
The List of known certificates can be used to customize ESET Endpoint Security behavior for specific SSL certificates, and to remember actions chosen if Interactive mode is selected in SSL/TLS protocol filtering mode. The list can be viewed and edited in Advanced setup (F5) > Web and email > SSL/TLS > List of known certificates.
The List of known certificates window consists of:
Name – Name of the certificate.
Certificate issuer – Name of the certificate creator.
Certificate subject – The subject field identifies the entity associated with the public key stored in the subject public key field.
Access – Select Allow or Block as the Access action to allow/block communication secured by this certificate regardless of its trustworthiness. Select Auto to allow trusted certificates and ask for untrusted ones. Select Ask to always ask user what to do.
Scan – Select Scan or Ignore as the Scan action to scan or ignore communication secured by this certificate. Select Auto to scan in automatic mode and ask in interactive mode. Select Ask to always ask the user what to do.
Add – A certificate can be loaded manually as a file with the extension .cer, .crt or .pem. Click File to upload a local certificate or click URL to specify the location of a certificate online.
Edit – Select the certificate that you want to configure and click Edit.
Delete – Select the certificate that you want to delete and click Remove.
OK/Cancel – Click OK if you want to save changes or click Cancel to exit without saving.
To get this certificate you can download it from system URL in browser. To download certificate of S/4HANA public cloud systems follow below mentioned steps:
- 1. Open your system URL in browser as shown in below image. Click on lock icon beside starting of your URL.
- 2. It will open a window in which you need to select option Certificate.
- 3. Once you click on certificate it would open a new window. In this window select Details tab.
- 4. Download this certificate by selecting option Copy to File.
This now downloaded certificate can be used in above ESET antivirus software for whitelisting.
Note: Please contact ESET Endpoint Antivirus support in case of further queries and clarification.
Please go through complete documentation of ESET antivirus software for further details:
Performance issue, hanging screen, loading, stuck, antivirus, ESET Endpoint, Endlessly loading, No time out, Webgui, fiori page not loading. , KBA , XX-S4C-OPR-INC , S/4HANA Cloud Availability, Performance and Administration , Problem