When trying to update the type of the external code of a Custom MDF Object, definition I am receiving the error: As there is existing data for external code field its data type cannot be changed.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition;
- Select the object definition you want to change;
- Click to Take Action > Make Correction;
- Change the external code field type to another one;
- Click to Save;
- See the error:
A record of this object definition was already created using the current external code type, so is not possible to change the definition while this record exists.
To be able to change the external code type, all the current records that are created for the Custom MDF Object need to be removed. To see all these records that exist, you need to navigate to:
- Admin Center > Manage Data;
- In the first dropdown, select the custom MDF object;
- Once selected the object, the second dropdown will show all the records;
- Access each record and click on Take Action > Permanently Delete Entry.
After removing all the records, you can try to change the external code type again.
MDF, custom, Object, external code, change, type, external code type, As there is existing data for external code field its data type cannot be changed , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , Problem