You created an Extension field and when trying to select the field as Enable Search in your Custom OData, you noticed that the option is grayed out.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator Work Center
- Then go to the OData Service Explorer view.
- Change to show Custom OData Services.
- Select the Custom OData Service name and click on Edit.
- Expand the OData Service (left side of the screen) and find the Extension field.
- Then Select required Extension field.
- If you scroll down, you will see that is not possible to change to On in the Enable Search button.
The required Extension field is of type DateTime. Hence search is not enabled for this field as SADL does not support.
This is the expected system behavior.
Since SADL does not support search for a field that is of type DateTime, you will not be able to use this Extension Field for $search.
KUT Field, Custom Field, Custom OData, Enable Search, On. , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-API , OData API (C4C Only) , How To