After you upload the migration template, you find some characters maintained in the field "Material Description" of the migration template are missing. For example, you have filled value "TEST123" in Material Description field of the migration template, but you find the value converted to "TES" after uploading.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Overview view
- Search for Migration of Materials and select Migrate materials using the migration tool
- Download Migration Template and fill the migration template
- Select Upload
Then you find some characters maintained in the field "Material Description" of the migration template are missing.
The cause of the issue might be that you paste other format infomation into the migration template.
To resolve the issue, please download a new migration template and fill the values again. Please fill the template following below:
- Just enter the original legacy values into the template. Later, when you upload the file, you can easily convert the source values to valid solution values
- Paste values only. To copy and paste any data into the template, choose Edit Paste Special. Select Paste Values to paste data without changing format information embedded in the template.
- Only paste data into one column. Otherwise you might paste data into hidden fields accidentally.
- Do not change the template structure. Do no add, delete or move columns.
Migration template; Upload; Missing contents; Format , KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , Problem