When you migrate Purchase Order, system throws below error message:
File Validation Failed. Create an incident
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview view.
- Search and Find and Open the activity Migration of Purchase Orders
- Upload the migration file
- Select the Execute Migration button and choose the Step by Step option
There are many causes of this issue. Few causes are given below:
1.Could be there is missing information in your migration file.
2.In the Migration Adaptation field the migration type code should be always numeric.
3.You may be trying to migrate a Purchase Order with Item Type 2 (Service Item) or 4 (Limit Item) and there is no Product ID or Product Description filled for it.
4.It is likely that the field Price Unit on the Items tab of the Migration of Purchase Orders file is mistaken to be e.g. a Currency or UOM field. The current value of the field Price Unit is not correct.
Respective Action to be taken for above mentioned causes are given below:
1.At item level either enter value 'X' to To Stock column or provide Account assignment details.
2 Enter 1 under Migration Adaptation field or place curzor on the field to see the other options available.
3.When Item Type is 2 (Service Item) or 4 (Limit Item), either Product ID or Product Description should be supplied and it is mandatory to have one of them.
4.The field Price Unit expects a number(generally 1). It indicates the number of product units. This is to specify, for how many eaches/liters/kilograms (or what ever the UoM is) the indicated price applies.
5. If you still have an error, then use the details of your migration template to manually create a Purchase order,where if you enter anything wrong or if you don't enter all neccessary info you would get respective error and accordingly you can correct your Migration template details.
Migration of Purchase Orders, Purchase Orders upload, Migrate Purchase Orders, Purchase Orders,Migration Adaptation , KBA , error in migration of purchase order , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem