You are working with Custom Party created on the Business Configuration activity Party Role Definition and would like to understand how the Determination of those parties work.
SAP Cloud for Customer
To enable Determination for Custom Party Roles you need to:
- Choose Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation projects view.
- Click the button Open Activity List.
- Select the Fine tune phase.
- Search and Open the activity Party Role Definition.
- Find the Custom Party you created.
Here, there are two options that will influence the Determination options for this party: Relationship Type and Responsibility Role. Depending on how you choose them, the determination will change:
- If you choose a Relationship Type you will have the below determination options:
- Step 1: Use Rules for Z-Relationship. (Z-Relationship is the Relationship chosen).
- Step 2: Business partner relationship of Account.
- Step 3: Logged on user.
- If you choose the Responsibility Role you will have the below determination options:
- Step 1: Use Rules for Z-Responsibility. (Z-Responsibility is the Custom Party).
- Step 2: Z-Responsibility of Account Team.
- Step 3: Employee assigned to territory.
- Step 4: is responsible for Account (responsibility 'Account Responsibility by Party Role').
- Step 5: Logged on user.
- If you do not select any of the above options, you will have the below determination option:
- Step 1: Use Rules for Z-Manual. (Z-Manual is the Custom Party).
More information on Involved Parties and how they work can be found on this blog written by SAP Product Management, Overview on Party Determination and Involved Parties in SAP Cloud for Customer.
This is the current system behavior.
If you need changes on the scenario urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of SAP Application Development site , choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea.
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP-PAP , Ticket - Party Processing , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To