After importing connection from Content Network all jobs are deleted within the model in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2020.1.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) tenant and create an Acquire Data connection.
- Create a model on this connection, import several jobs to this model.
- Navigate to Browse > Content Network > Export a New Package > select only the connection created in step1.
- Import the content created in step 3 to current SAC tenant.
- Navigate to import Options and select Overwrite objects and data and make sure Including permissions is disabled.
- After importing the connection, check in the model created in step2 and make sure all jobs and history is showing correctly.
- Import the package created in step3 again.
- This time select both Overwrite objects and data and Including permissions.
- Jobs and history in the models get deleted after importing the connection.
This behavior is by design.
When overriding the existing objects with the include permission checks it drops the dependent objects.
Hence the job gets deleted from the model. This is the expected behavior.
Do not check the "include permission" flag if it's necessary to keep the dependent objects.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem