Entering data in a story generates an error and deletes data from non-related cells
Data Actions also do not work
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.21
Reproducing the Issue
- Open story created from importing SAP Business Content.
- Load data into the model via import and save the data.
- Try to manually modify the data and you will receive an error "the cells are locked and/or do not contain any booked data".
- If you revert your changes and then you try to change any data that does not yet contain values , the data disappears from other cells even thought they are not directly related in the model.
- There appears to be a problem with corrupted models in the SAP Business content we deliver with SAC.
- This problem is most likely going to impact planning models as the issues described so far all involve data entry. But at this point we don’t know if there can be other symptoms of the issue.
- The issue only arises due to 4 features being combined: Usage of older SAC business content, Export/Import of models with binary export mode, import of data, and planning on imported data.
- Planning requires the field _Package_ to be filled with non-NULL values (UNUSED by default). This is ensured by modeling creating column defaults and data wrangling making use of the defaults.
- The imported model from the standard content misses this default value, most probably due to an old/inconsistent state in the Business content system and the binary export/import replacing the modeling logic.
- Export/import features were not tested together with data import and planning.
- Existing models on customer systems need to be manually rebuilt
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning Functionality, Planning Models , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem