- This Knowledge Base Article will explain how Service - Fixed Price (Project) item type works in sales order.
- Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP Business ByDesign
Prerequisite to do Project Based Service/Product:
Edit Project Scope>Questions> Sales>Sell Project-Based Products and Services>Check question “You can sell project-based services.” And “You use sales orders to sell projects.”
1. Release the Sales Order
If you’ve input the Project based service in the Sales Order and you want to release the Sales Order directly, error message “Order not released; No project task is assigned to item 10” will be displayed.
This is because a project based item has to have a project assigned to it.
2. Create Project.
Input the necessary information to create the project.
You will get the information message as “Project CPSO179 (3714) has been created. You can edit it as soon as you have saved the sales order.”
3. Save and Release the Sales Order.
The Order Status changed to Open but in the drop down list, you find there is no option for you to release the Service item.
A project has been attached to the respective Sales Order with the Status In Planning.
Since this item type is Project Based, you need to accomplish the Service through the Project.
4. Release the related project.
Back to the respective Sales Order’s Document Flow.
The Status of Project has been changed to Released while the status of Sales Order remains Open.
The Delivery Status on item level remains Not Started.
5. Maintain the time recording for the project .
Login with Person Responsible of the Project(In this case, Sandra Moher), and record the time via Home> Self-Services Overview> Edit Time Sheet> Add Time Entry
Back to the respective Sales Order.
The Status of Sales Order changed to In Process after accomplish time recording. And Delivery Status changed to In Process.
6. Generate Project invoice Request via Customer Invoicing WoC> Project Invoicing> Projects.
Release the Project Invoice Request.
The Invoice Status in the Sales Order changed to In Process.
7. To make the invoice status to finished, you have to manually finish the invoicing in the project invoice> Sales Orders.
8. To make the order delivery status to finished, you have to complete the project.
Sales order has completed.
KBA 2871686 - CRM Scenario: Expense - Fixed Price Without Actuals in Sales Order
KBA 2871738 - CRM scenario: Expense - Fixed Price (Project) in Sales Order
KBA 2873374 - CRM Scenario: Expense - Time and Material (Project) in Sales Order
KBA 2873932 - CRM Scenario: Expense - Time and Material in Sales Order
PBFP; Service - Fixed Price (Project); sales order , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , Problem
|Sales Order_Service_fixed price (project).pdf|