When you create a workflow for a custom business object, you are unable to use the Field update action.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Let's assume YXYZ is a Custom Business object
- Go to Administration WorkCenter
- Navigate to Workflow rules view
- Click on New button to create a Workflow rule
- Select the Custom business object YXYZ
- Navigate to step 4
- On the drop down for Actions, you will notice that the Field update Action is missing
Field update action is not supported for workflows on Custom business Objects.
This is an expected system behavior.
Workflow , Field Update , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , Problem