- Customer has attempted to Upgrade to the Embedded Edition of People Analytics but the upgrade has failed from Upgrade Center
- IAS is not enabled for the customer.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccesFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccesFactors People Analytics
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Upgrade Centre.
- See the Upgrade to the Embedded Edition of People Analytics.
- Click on Learn More & Upgrade Now.
- Click on Upgrade Now.
- Feature Upgrade has failed:
"The Embedded Analytics configuration job has failed, and the solution could not be enabled in your tenant.
Contact the SAP Cloud Support team for further assistance, and provide the following details:
Job Name: UpgradeCenter_EmbeddedAnalyticsConfigJob(1310001)
Started: 12/4/19 11:02 AM
Ended: 12/4/19 11:02 AM
Company ID: ANACPSSC4DemoInstanceSupport"
From Monitor Jobs in Provisioning, we can check the failure reason. There, we can see that the feature upgrade failed as IAS is not enabled on your instance:
The Identity Authentication Service (IAS) is a prerquisite to the Embedded Edition of People Analytics. Please note The IAS related upgrades are currently not made available to instances using Global Assignment /Concurrent Employment features. It is by-design, due to GA/CE users having multiple user accounts maintained in SuccessFactors for the same identity, which IAS does not allow.
Please follow the below the KBA on how to set-up IAS:
People Analytics, IAS, Embedded Edition of People Analytics, SAC, Embedded Analytics, Unified Reporting, IPS, Upgrade Center, 1911, Release , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC , SAP Analytics Cloud for SuccessFactors , LOD-SF-PLT-IAS , Identity Authentication Services (IAS) With BizX , Problem