You receive an application error when Importing Biographical Information
The application error id would be accompanied by: Internal system error encountered while
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Employee Data Imports
Reproducing the Issue
- Import Employee Data
- Select Biographical Information
- Validation Import or Import
- Error: Internal system error encountered while importing record
- Go to Check tool
- Employee central core
- Scroll down to Person
- Starting in version b1608, a new field - perpersonUUID - was added to the per_person table and its entity object.
- The perpersonUUID field is populated during the New Hire process with a unique immutable id which is not available for reporting and is not exposed in any UI.
- This change was done to facilitate future suite integration.
- For per_person records created prior to release b1608, the UUID field is empty.
- When running the Check Tool "NullOrEmptyPerPersonUUID", these empty UUID fields will be flagged
To resolve the error, Product Support or your Implementation Partner can run a job from Provisioning called 'Initialize per person immutable id'
As a customer, you do not have access to Provisioning. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your implementation partner. If you are no longer working with an implementation partner, contact SAP Cloud Support and provide the following
- Customer must provide a written approval before Running jobProvisioning called 'Initialize per person immutable id'
- This Job wil be schedule to run once
Provide us a Job Owner with a full Permission
Best Practice for Job Owner
- Job Owner must have a Full Permission in the system
- Job Owner must be Full administrator (Full RBP permission)
- Job Owner Must have e-mail address maintain in its profile (address portlet)
User ID, Person ID, UUID, User ID, and Assignment ID, Check Tool, biographic, Import, RealTime Mode Import System error encountered,java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from local variable 'expectedValue' at, personandemployment.service.servicelayer.validator, Initialize per person immutable id, NullOrEmptyPerPersonUUID, Null or Empty Per Person UUID, person,PERSON_GUID , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Personal & Global Information , Problem