You see that the total demand for a product in planning screen is displayed as zero even though there is customer demand for the product.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning work center.
- Navigate to the Products view.
- Search for the relevant Product and Planning Area combination and select it.
- Select the Open button.
- In the planning screen under Demand Quantities head you can see that there is value against the field Customer Demand.
- The Total Demand is displayed as Zero not considering the value in Customer Demand.
The value you have maintained in the field Demand Management Procedure under the Planning tab of the relevant material master is ADRF - All demand reduce forecast. When the demand management procedure is ADRF the system does not consider the customer demand via sales orders as demand because this might affect the planning. In ADRF the only demand considered is Forecast and Safety Stock. If you want the system to create supply based on only your forecast, which comes via Demand Planning you need to choose this option.
The system is working as per the master data settings maintained. If you want the system to consider the customer demand via sales orders in planning to create supply you can change the value in Demand Management Procedure to any value other than ADRF - All demand reduce forecast.
ByD ADRF, ByD Planning Error, Planning Error in Business ByDesign, Customer Demand is not considered in Planning, ByD, Planning for customer demand does not create Supply. , KBA , byd adrf , planning error in business bydesign , byd planning error , customer demand is not considered in pla , AP-SDM-MSD , Material Supply and Demand View , Problem