When uploading a custom language update under Manage Languages, a message displays that file upload is successful but modification date does not change and changes are not saved.
- 3-tier language pack update is not saving on the translated field.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to Manage Languages.
- Hit on Upload Custom Labels on the right hand side of the language pack.
- A system message appears: File Upload has been successful.
- Check the modification date and observe that it did not change.
- Hit on Download Custom Labels and observe that updated translations are not present.
The file used for upload has to be a properly formatted CSV file. The file may contain unnecessary quotes and is not in the expected format.
Please follow the steps below to ensure that the file uploaded in Manage Languages is correctly formatted:
Open the CSV file on a text editor like Notepad or Notepad ++.
- Check for any unnecessary quotes on the token and translated value. An ideal format should be: both key and value must both be enclosed on double quotes or both of them are not enclosed on any quotes.
Note: Key,"de_DE" or "Key","Value" or Key,Value could all work fine but not "Key,"Value"". Comma separation is part of the string.
3. Remove the unnecessary quotes.
4. Upload the file once again and notice changes will take effect.
Engineering is planning to enhance the error-message handling in this scenario such that when an incorrect CSV file is used for uploading custom language pack, an error message will be displayed indicating this instead of a successful upload message.
manage languages, 3 tier translation not updating, 3-tier language pack not saving, custom language update modification date does not change, custom language pack , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-LAN , Translations & Text Replacements , Problem