You are trying to set posting block as 3 - No postings allowed for a specific G/L Account, however some error messages are raised.
SAP Business ByDeisng.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to General Ledger Accounts view.
- Find the respective G/L Account and click Edit > Chart of Accounts.
- Change the G/L Account Posting Block to 3 - No postings allowed.
- Click Save.
The system raises errors as follows:
- 'Value <G/L Account ID> in setting Accounts Receivable Payable Ledger Business Partner must also be entered in setting Permitted G/L Accounts by Account Type and Posting.'
- 'Value <G/L Account ID> in setting Accounts Receivable: Receivables must also be entered in setting Permitted G/L Accounts by Account Type and Posting.'
- 'Error for Account <G/L Account ID> in Chart of Accounts <CoD ID> and acct det. profile <Account Determination Profile ID>'
- 'A/c <G/L Account ID> used in a/c det; "No postings allowed" not possible'
- You follow the steps of KBA 2316367 and know that the errors are raised since this G/L Account is still mapped in the account determination of one of the subledger.
- Click Where-Used list to find where is the account being used.
You see that the account is used under Account determination path: Accounts Receivable: Receivables -> Receivables from Bill of Exchange - Unpaid
- You go to the above account determination path, however under Receivables subledger you do not find the column related to Receivables from Bill of Exchange - Unpaid. You only see the column Receivables from Bill of Exchange, which is already empty.
The column Receivables from Bill of Exchange - Unpaid is currently not visible since is country-dependant, hence it only becomes available once country Spain is assigned to the profile.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list.
- Open activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Under Account Determination, click Accounts Receivables subledger.
- On the screen that opens, click Assign Countries to Profile.
- Add country Spain.
Once the country is added, column Receivables from Bill of Exchange - Unpaid becomes visible in the account determination and you're able to remove the G/L Account from the column. Once you save the changes, you shall be able to change the posting block of the related G/L Account.
2316367 - You Are Not Able to Define G/L Account Posting Block 3 - No postings allowed Due To Error Message: Value XXX in setting YYY must also be entered in setting Permitted G/L Accounts by Account Type and Posting
Posting Block. Account Determination. G/L Account. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem