You have exposed some C4C data sources to your BW system and you are successfully extracting data. However when you compare the counter for a certain record, it is higher in BW than in your C4C data source.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Data Sources.
- Search for the respective data source and click Preview.
- Make the required selections (if using) and run the data source.
- Check the counter. It shows a certain number for the selection you have chosen, for example 2.
- Now extract the data from this data source to your BW system.
- Set the same selections as in the data source preview.
- Check the counter. It will be a higher number, for example 10.
The cause for this behavior is the granularity of the data source.
Some data sources have additional text fields (for example to provide descriptions to some fields), which however are not visible when you preview a data source in the C4C system. This is done for performance reasons.
However when you extract this data to BW, these fields are extracted too. They can multiply the counter for a record.
Since the data extracted into BW is the most granular in nature, we cannot compare it directly to the DS data in C4C. This is the correct behavior.
data source, odp, bw, granularity, counter, different data , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To