When executing the report for User Logon Activity, the column User ID shows the symbol "#" for all rows. Also the next column shows "Not Assigned" for all rows.
SAP Business ByDesign - all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter the Business Analytics work center.
- Navigate to the Design Reports view.
- Search for the User Logon Activity report and execute it.
- After performing the selection, the column for User ID shows "#" and the next column appears as "Not Assigned".
This behavior happens because IP capture is not activated in the tenant. Without this feature, it is not possible to build the report with precise information about the user logon activities.
In order to activate the IP capture, there is a scoping question that needs to be reviewed. The steps to reach it are the following:
- Enter the Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to the Implementation Topics view.
- Select the project and click on Edit Scope.
- Navigate to the step 3 - Scoping.
- Expand the element Administration.
- Check the box for the scoping element "Performance and Usage Monitoring".
- Proceed to the step 4 - Questions.
- Expand the element Administration, then expand Performance and Usage Monitoring.
- Click on Performance and Usage Monitoring.
- On the right panel of the screen, check the scoping question "Enabling this feature will capture individual User ID and Associated IP addresses of client devices for various usage and response times reporting".
- Proceed to finish the scoping.
unassigned, header , KBA , LOD-CRM-APM , Application & Performance Management , How To