When upserting the country in a candidate profile, and using a different language then the English US label, the country does not get updated.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Export the picklists from the system;
- Check the languages you have set for the country picklist, for example:
- En_US -> "United States"
- pt_BR -> "Estados Unidos"
- If you have the country as required, notice that the system will give you an error saying the country is invalid: "country invalid, with the index 0";
- If you don't, the country of the candidate will be set as "null" or empty;
That happens due to the system design. The system is not prepared to look for any language labels you add into it, only for the standard one (english us) and the country codes if you have them set up on the picklist file as well.
As mentioned in the cause, the system is not prepared to accept all languages, so you have two options:
- Always send in your payload the English US labels for the country;
- Set up the country codes correctly on the picklist file and then use the Country Code to upsert, in case you don't want to depend on language labels.
Any of the options mentioned above will work, and you would be sending the contry field like following:
- "country":"United States" -> Label
- "country":"US" -> Country code
Unable, upsert, country, candidate, entity, insert, error, invalid, index, 0, with, the, label, language, code, english, us, different, other , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services , Problem