In the service order, a supplier is entered in the header. When adding a spare part into the item line, you find the Ship-From is still from internal warehouse instead of the supplier.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Go to the Service Orders view.
- Open service order ABC, the supplier maintained in General tab. (ABC represents the ID of service order)
- Go to the Services and Spare Parts tab, select the line for spare part item.
- Go to Spare Parts Logistics sub tab, The Ship-From is not filled, click Assign Source of Supply, system proposes the internal warehouse instead of supplier.
- Release the order to service execution, a purchase order created with only service items.
Spare parts are not supported in third party scenario for external fulfillment.
- For item group SHIP - Spare part (advanced ship/sales) and PICK - Spare part (engineer pick-up/sales), the ship-from address is editable. System determines the source of supply based on the supply chain master data and you are able to modify it.
- For item group DIGI - Spare part (direct goods issue), Ship-From is not enabled. You can confirm the source logistics in the service confirmation in Parts(s) Consumption tab.
This is currently the system design.
Online help: Third-Party Field Service and Repair
KBA , SRD-CRM-SEO , Service Orders , Problem