This is a provision to set the 'externalUserVisibility' field via rules. ONB team has a usecase where they want to set the 'externalUserVisibility' field from onSave rule for all the custom Data Collection objects
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
For ONB custom MDF objects customer can set the default value of the field mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility = 'y' in the "Configure Object Definition" page.
Currently, this solution would not work because mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility is an enum field, but we only support default values for Number and String fields.
To configure the rule please follow the below steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition
- Create new custom object definition or select any existing custom object definition
Note down the name of object definition and Navigate to Configure Business Rules page (Go to Admin Center > Configure Business Rules)
- Click on Create new rule icon(+)
- select the "Rules for MDF Based Objects" option under "Metadata Framework" section
- Enter the below Fields and Click on Continue button:
Rule Name: provide any name
Start Date: provide current date or any past date
Base Object: select the object which has been noted down in step 2
- Set "Always True" for if condition and in then block Set
'mdfSystemexternalUserVisibility' field to 'yes'
- Navigate to Configure Object definition page (Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition) and select the object definition noted down in step 2 and Click on Make correction link (Take Action-> Make Correction)
- Click on Save Rules dropdown and select the created new rule and save the object definition
- Navigate to Manage Data page (Go to Admin Center > Manage Data). Under Create New Dropdown select the object name note down in step 2
Enter the required fields and Hit the save button
external user visibiliy, MDF-31297 , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , How To