You create a New Outgoing Bank Transfer and you notice that the G/L Account description is different from the description shows in the General Ledger work center / General Ledger Account view.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the General Ledger Account view.
For a combination of Company and Set of Books, the G/L Account XXX description shows as ABC.
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Select the Common Tasks view.
- Select the New Outgoing Bank Transfer sub view.
- Fill in all the required selection.
- Under Payment Application Method, select Direct Posting to G/L Account.
- Add Row and select the G/L Account XXX.
The G/L Account XXX description shows as DEF.
In the Outgoing Bank Transfer, it is the G/L Account Alias which shows and here, its description is maintained as DEF.
This is the normal system behavior.
The G/L Account description which shows in the General Ledger work center is what is maintained in Business Configuration activity: Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination / Edit Chart of Accounts.
The G/L Account description (Alias) which shows in the Outgoing Bank Transfer is maintained in Business Configuration activity: Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination / Edit Account Determination Group / General Ledger / Groups for Other Current Assets or Groups for Other Liabilities.
General Ledger Account, Description, Outgoing Bank Transfer, Payment Advice. , KBA , AP-RC-CB , Coding Block , Problem