Error message when trying to "Forward as Applicant" candidates from Evergreen to Child job requisitions.
The error message says "The job application cannot be created because some mandatory fields have missing data".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Within the Recruiting system, access an Evergreen position;
- In the candidates list, select the desired candidates and click [Take Action];
- Click [Forward as Applicant] and select one of the child job requisitions.
- Get the error message stating there are mandatory fields missing data.
- Cause 1: Missing mandatory fields.
- Cause 2: Fields in the Default status that are set as required "true", but forward-intact "false".
- Solution to Cause 1: Make sure that all the fields required in the child application are also present in the evergreen application. Only fields that the candidate has write permission for when creating the application will be validated. If there is a mandatory field that the candidate does not have write permission for when creating their application and only the recruiter does have permission then this error will not trigger.
- Solution to Cause 2: Application fields required for the default status in Job Requisition template must not be set as forward-intact="false" in Application template. Forward as applicant feature validates Candidate facing required fields in default status for multi stage application. Make sure to mark as forward intact as true for all job requisition required fields.
The job application cannot be created because some mandatory fields have missing data , Forward as Applicant , Evergreen , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , Problem