How can users not see the profile photos when searching for other users in people search?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Photos are visible when searching for users in people search.
- Photos in search do not respect the RBP permission Employee Data > Photo > View/Edit
As part of the 1911 enhancement, administrators can now restrict a user's ability to view another user's photo in search via RBP permissions. This will align with certain companies' security policies.
To do so:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Permission Role
- Select role > click "Permission..."
- Under User Permissions, select Employee Data > Photo
- Enable the View and Edit switches for users to see the photos in search and PP3; and vice versa
If a user has NO permission to see the photo (via Employee Data > Photo > View/Edit), they will only see the default photo.
[Enter your See Also here...]
photo, search, people search, rbp, permission, default photo , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , Product Enhancement