Within the Crystal Reports designer, when using the Enterprise option to authenticate to an SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise environment, how to restrict the available Authentication types?
- Typically, the following Authentication types are all available:
- Oracle EBS
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Windows AD
Crystal Reports 2011 / 2013 / 2016 / 2020
Reproducing the Issue
Within the Crystal Reports design, click File > Open and choose Enterprise
- In the Authentication drop-down, all of the referenced authentication types are listed by default
*** WARNING ***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to KBA 1323322 for more information.
*** WARNING ***: Additional care should be taken if implementing this resolution when other SAP client products are also installed locally, as these changes may also impact those other SAP client products.
These Authentication types are populated from the registry keys stored under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Enterprise\Auth Plugins
- Within are individual registry keys, one for each of the listed Authentication types. To "disable" any given Authentication type -- i.e. to remove it from the list of Authentication options within Crystal Reports -- simply rename the associated parent key to some non-default value, e.g. rename secLDAP to secLDAP-disabled
- To restore any given Authentication type, simply rename the registry key to its original value
- Reference the table below, which lists the registry keys and their corresponding Authentication types
- After making the desired changes, restart the Crystal Reports designer for the changes to take effect
|secPSE1||JD Edwards EnterpriseOne|
limit remove delete withhold , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To